The Mohegan Council “Turkey Shoot” is a shooting contest where frozen turkeys are awarded
as prizes. This event is run by BSA trained and certified shooting sports instructors and
volunteers. The first 100 Boy Scouts and Venture’s will compete in Archery, Rifle, and Shot
Gun, while the first 100 Webelos will compete with Archery, Pellet Rifles, and Sling Shots. The
frozen turkey winners are chosen by the 3 highest target scores of each shooting sports. An
overall trophy will be awarded to the top scoring Troop/Venture Crew. Winning the trophy
automatically registers your unit for the following years Turkey Shoot so you can defend the
trophy. The 2013 over all Turkey Shoot winner was Troop 273. So sign up to compete for
Turkeys and try and win the Turkey Shoot Trophy.
- Event registration will close with 100 Webelos and 100 Boy Scouts/Venturers Your
- full payment for this event must accompany your registration form for your group
- to be officially registered. Remember this is a first come first serve event.
- Check-in for the Turkey Shoot will be at the East Lodge at 8:00pm Friday or 8:00am
- Saturday by the unit leader in charge no Scouts. Please have an updated roster of
- all Youth and Adults attending.
- All shooters must take a safety class at either 8:30pm Friday at the East Lodge or
- 8:30am Saturday at East Lodge. Range entry wrist bands will be issued to unit leaders at
- Registration color coded for Webelos, Boy Scout, or Venture age.
- Webelos compete in archery, Pellet Air Rifle, and Sling Shot Shooting, based at the
- dining hall and will be assigned shooting times. Participants are encouraged to spend
- free time at Show and Do events at the Benedict Lodge Field. Webelos awards will be
- presented at the Range area at 4pm. Webelos must be present to win.
- Boy Scouts, Venturers and Venturer-age Scouts can compete in rifle and archery at the
- Boy Scouts in 6-8th grades may compete in Plate Shoot; 12 gauge Shotgun shooting at a
- stationary target.
- Those in 9th grade or older may compete in Trap Shooting; 10 shots at flying targets.
- There may be finals or shoot offs in Boy Scout / Venturer events. Announcements will be
- made at the Health Lodge Field at 3pm with at the range area at 4pm. Scouts and
- Venturers must be present to win.
- Each troop is asked to have a scout skill Show and Do on the Benedict Lodge Field from
- 9am-Noon or from 1-3pm. Your units Show and Do time will be decided by your shooting
- time of Morning or Afternoon. Please let Mike Vignaly Know what you would like to do for
- your Show and Do, so we can avoid duplication of activities. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lunch will be served continuously starting at 11:45 till 1:00pm. You must have a wrist
- band for lunch. It will be distributed at Registration to Unit Leader in charge.